twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

How many days will I be in pain, if I have a vasectomy?


Answer:
VERY little pain. IF you pack your testicles with ice when you get home and keep the ice there for at least 12 hours, the swelling will be minimal, and there will be little or no pain. The next day you will experience some discomfort, but that too will be reduced if you wear a jock strap to keep the testicles from moving much. I went back to work the next day without pain. Good luck!!

Been there, done that, have the tee shirt.

Chow!!
When I had my vasectomy, I rested around the house using the special icepack brief for 3 days, then took a road trip (me as the driver) on the 4th day with no real pain. It's really not that bad. The worst part is probably the needle they use to numb the surgical area to begin with!
I didn’t use the icepack like the other guy did, but I am not doubting that it is a pretty good plan.

I got mine on a Friday afternoon, after work (My work day ended at 12:00). I was back to work as usual on Monday morning. I drove myself home from the clinic without any problem. I even stopped at K-Mart to buy a jock strap, then went to the movie rental to get something to do over the weekend.

I just took aspirin. It only hurt when I walked to fast, but it didn’t hurt much. I experienced some bruising, but it went away by the following weekend (I guess that is why some men use ice packs). It was a “piece of cake”. The only thing, I didn’t like was the itching. I got mine during the spring. It was kind of warm in the afternoons. So I would sweat, and it itched pretty bad as the hair grew back (you know you have to shave down there).

I never had any pain since. That was 20 years ago, next May. I was 21, when I got mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net