twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How reversable is a vasectomy?

My boyfriend is getting one and I am very happy about it because I don't want to have to worry about being pregnant. It's a weird feeling, knowing that as long as I am with him (which I hope is forever) I will not have another baby. I have one boy. And that's all I wanted but now since it's really happening, the reality of it is kind of soaking in. I have heard vasectomies are reversable. Does anyone know the percentages? Or have a story about a vasectomy?
Answer:
Reversal is very expensive and painful, so I am told.

The biggest problem, in America, today, is nobody is forced to face consequences for their actions. He made a choice, by choosing to get a vasectomy (a good choice). Now as a consequence of that choice, he will father no more children. If he has his vasectomy reversed, he are bucking the system, and avoiding the consequences of his choice. How are you going to explain to your future children about actions and consequences when the two of you didn鈥檛 face the consequences yourself? That sounds like poor parenting.

Don鈥檛 ever plan on getting a reversal.

I had my vasectomy at age 21. It was painless. Today I am 41, and damn thankful I did so. My long-tem girlfriend are very happy with our choices. Most of our friends have children. They will never admit that they made a mistake in public. They however will admit it in private.

I have been to eight countries, around the world, hiked the Grand Canyon, and completed college since then. None of these things carry the novelty I get from choosing not to have children. Next year I will celebrate the 20th year of my vasectomy.

You already have one child. That is burden enough. Don鈥檛 make a greater burden on yourselves or the earth.
the percentage is low ,just like a woman getting her tubes untied
Well there's 2 kinds. In one they simple tie up the tube that leads to the testis, and in the other one they cut it. The tied up one is reversible but the cut one is not. I don't think they cut the tubes anymore nowadays though
theyre not once its done its done
"High-cost microsurgery techniques reverse sterilization in men and women. The functional success rates vary widely. A published paper reported rates around 50%;22 anecdotal reports tell of rates ranging up to 80%. Still, men and women "must consider any sterilization technique as permanent."23"
these people are all wrong. a vasectomy is reversible, and they are effectively reversed about 70% of the time. My father had a vasectomy ten years before I was born. That should tell you something. He had it reversed when he married my mom, and wouldn't you know it, I was born ;-)
Not that easy to reverse this operation. I was told with mine it was a 1:20000 chance of success.

I recommend you think about freezing some sperm that way if you do break up your husband has something that can help father a biological child if he wanted that and equally you can both have something in the bank so to speak if you want another child later on.

Just think about the recent case where that young woman had embryos frozen with her partner and then they split up now the guy wants the embryos destroyed because he does not want to be a parent but the girl want to have a child. they have broken up so that is why the idea is to freeze sperm as it would belong to your husband come what may in your relationship. look on it as insurance policy.

Hope this helps.
They are reversable, my friend has had his done last year and it is all working as well as it did before he had it done. This isn't always the case though and he only had his reversed as the tubes were trying to reattach themselves which they can do sometimes.
I'm not sure what the percentages are for successful reversals but I do know it can be done.
It's reversable in about 70%, I read.

I have a true story. My friend "Dumbo" and I each had a vasectomy about 14 years ago. He was first. He drove to day surgery, and on completion the nurse noticed that he walked out alone. She raced out and asked if he had someone to drive him, but he insisted he would be OK. He got home OK.. walked up the front steps and fainted. His wife discoverd him there unconscious.
Now you ned to know that Dumbo is called that because he is the size of an elephant... only standing upright and without the big ears. He is a giant man.

So his wife gets him around with smelling salts. They get back in the car and drive the hour it takes to get back to day surgery and they put seven stictches in his forehead. She drives him home.

We works at a High School as an Economics teacher. This year 7 kid sees the huge bandage across his head and asks "what happened to you sir?" and Dumbo says... "I've had a vasectomy, Kid."

We both saw a Doctor Named Kline. After I could lower my knees again, I noticed that he had made an incision in the shape of the letter "K". I asked Dumbo... he too. You have heard of tagging right... now that is "extreme tagging". If you look closely you can still make out the scar.. wanna look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net