twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How old must a man be to have a vasectomy?

I heard that doctors will NOT do a vasectomy unless you are older. Is this true? If so, then how old does he have to be? I just can't believe that a doctor can decide this for you and not do the procedure? My husband is soon to be 27, but we do not have children. Would they tell us no?
Answer:
The law says 18, in most states. I know of men that got them at 18. I got mine at 21. I never had kids.

I went to three different doctors before I found one that would do it. I lied and said I had a kid. They don鈥檛 validate any of your answers.

Some doctors just impose their own set of rules. Some clinics do the same. I think it has to do with liability. They look at it this way. If a man gets it when he is older, then it is unlikely that he will change his mind. If he gets it at age 20, or so, it is more likely that he will change his mind. Sometimes men will claim that the doctor didn鈥檛 tell them that it was permanent. They can win a lot of money in court.

So if the doctor says no, go to a different doctor. Just tell his urologist that you have two kids. Say they are 4 or older (something like that). He won鈥檛 ask to see the birth certificate. It also would not hurt to say that you are diabetic, and that your doctor said it would be unsafe to get pregnant again.
you should be able to find one that will do it
as soon as he is ready
In My state you have to be 25 with 2 normal children

In some states they allow for certain herditary diseases for single men The dieases vary from State to state
I don't think there is an age limit.
A women has to be like 21 or have 3 kids already. I would say that a 27 year old man is mature enough to know if he wants to be fixed, of course since he is married the wife may have to agree to the procedure.
A doctor cannot be forced to perform an elective surgery. Shop around. Someone will do the procedure.There is no statute that dictates a specific age for the procedure. Adulthood is considered 18 in the US. Since, this surgery is not an emergency a doctor can refuse to perform surgery. Have a great week and know you will find the right doctor.
My brother and his wife have no children, they are both school teachers and are around kids all day, so, they decided they did not need any of their own. I think my brother was only in his early twenties. If you call around you will find someone who will do the job for you, if that proves difficult you could just tell them you have kids, you are not asked to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net